Nodal Ninja RD16-II Advanced Panoramic Rotator
Nodal Ninja RD16-II Advanced Rotator is a top of the line rotator for Nodal Ninja 3 and 4 panoramic heads with 16 different degree stop increments (hence the name) and lubricated inner ball bearing for very fluid rotation. It has been designed for high precision, ease of use, compactness, light weight and durability.
How to use and when to buy
RD16-II can either be purchased separately and mounted on NN3 MKII or NN4 heads using the attached mounting kit or you can purchase the rotator with one of these heads right away. Note that the rotator can also be used on NN5 panoramic head (discontinued), the 360º object movie rountable and at the bottom of carbon poles (using this rotator at the bottom of a pole is not recommended however - due to the fact that it can accumulate dust easily - it is recommended to use a Pole Rotator instead).
Key features of the RD16-II
- Premium non-glare black anodized aluminum
- Precision CNC machined components
- Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation
- Laser engraved markings
- Detent interval (click stop) option can be changed on the fly.
- More than 10 kg (22lbs) loading supported.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly
- Knob for locking rotation
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs
- Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panos.
- Fine 2.5 degree rotation markings for making high resolution mosaics.
Available rotator detent intervals
|3.75 (96 stops per 360 degrees)*|
|5 (72 stops)*|
|6 (60 stops)*|
|7.5 (48 stops)|
|10 (36 stops)|
|12 (30 stops)|
|15 (24 stops)|
|18 (20 stops)*|
|20 (18 stops)|
|24 (15 stops)|
|30 (12 stops)|
|36 (10 stops)|
|45 (8 stops)|
|60 (6 stops)|
|90 (4 stops)|
|120 (3 stops)|
*requires dual detent plungers (included)
Size and weight
- Small nadir footprint diameter of 62mm
- Compact and light weight - only 347 grams
- Height 48mm
- Maximum load: 11kg (this is the maximum weight you should ever put on your RD16)
- Ideal working weight load: Approximately 5.5kg (this is the maximum weight to ensure everything works smoothly and nicely)
- Thread = base 3/8", top M6 Demarcations (reference tic marks) every 2.5 degrees
Included in the package
- RD16-II rotator
- 2x blue anodized knobs
- 1x blue anodized locking knob for preventing rotation (e.g. when unmounting from tripod)
Note to customers of NN3 MKII, NN4 and NN5: You will need a mounting kit to install this rotator to your panoramic head. The install kit can be purchased separately (here for NN3 MKII and here for NN4/5) but we will supply it for free if you are purchasing this RD16-II rotator with us. You just need to ask for it in order notes. We can also add it to your order for free if not already shipped.
The RD16-II rotator is compatible with NN3 MKII, NN4, NN5, NN6, NN M Series.
Not compatible with NN3 MK3