Nodal Ninja RD8-II Advanced Panoramic Rotator
Nodal Ninja RD8-II Advanced Rotator is designed to be used with the Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 series panoramic heads.
RD8-II is a top of the line rotator for with 8 precise click stops and lubricated inner ball bearing for very fluid and accurate rotation. It has been designed for especially for telephoto lenses with up to 700mm focal length with camera in landscape or 465mm in portrait orientation.
Key features of the RD8-II
- Premium non-glare black anodized aluminum
- Precision CNC machined components
- Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation
- Laser engraved markings
- Detent interval (click stop) option can be changed on the fly.
- More than 10 kg (22lbs) loading supported.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly
- Knob for locking rotation
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs
- Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panos.
Available rotator detent intervals
|2º (180 stops per 360 degrees)|
|2.5º (144 stops)|
|3º (120 stops)|
|4º (90 stops)|
|5º (72 stops)|
|6º (60 stops)|
|15º (24 stops)|
|30º (12 stops)|
Size and weight
- Diameter: 88 mm
- Height: 33 mm
- Compact and light weight: only 450 grams
- Thread = base 3/8"
Included in the package
- RD8-II rotator
- 2x blue anodized knobs for detent interval setting
- 1x blue anodized locking knob for preventing rotation (e.g. when unmounting from tripod)
- Your choice of NN3/4/5 or Ultimate M mounting kit