Nodal Ninja M2 Giga with RD8-II Advanced Rotator
Order now to ship.
Here comes the long awaited Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga, the ideal manual pano head for gigapixel high resolution imaging using telephoto and super telephoto lenses.Our unique patented and patent pending design allows precise positive stops of 7.5°/5°/4°/3.75°/3°/2.5°/2°/1.5° intervals on the upper rotator, which can be engaged and changed on the fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers.
When paired with our Advanced Rotator D8II (precise click stops at 30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2°), it supports up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 550mm equivalent in portrait orientation. Due to precision of the rotators, each photo can have precise coordinates which help stitchers to quickly align the photos just like photos captured by high end robotic head. There will be no more stitching issues for featureless area such as sky or blank wall.
You've seen the rest and now it's time to buy the best!
Ultimate M panoramic heads are designed for very high precision panoramic and gigapixel photography with repeatable results. They are equipped with Arca-Swiss quick mount modular system for easy assembly and upgrades. Strongest Nodal Ninja pano heads. Maximum load 10kg. Compatible with telephoto lenses. Suitable for high resolution landscape photography, gigapixel shoots, big commercial shoots and HDR photography.
Being a manual pano head, Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga is much lighter than a robotic pano head for the same load capacity. There is no battery and charger to carry and no worry of battery running out during a shooting. Due to the intuitive design, M2 Giga can excel a robotic head in terms of speed of capture when number of photos are less than 600. The rotator indexing can be turned off for free motion, allowing photographers to capture moving elements such as in a sport panorama, or to capture second shots for area prone to stitching error by change the overlapping region.
Nodal Ninja Ultimate M2 Giga will be available as pre-assembled unit. An addon is also available for prior M2 owners.
The addon will be available for $330. Customers who purchased an M2 earlier can get a discount for the addon (to be announced)
Other important features:
Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high end photographic support. The M2 is a design with many years of refinement, integrating years of feature wishes from customers. It fills the gap of Nodal Ninja product line for photographers making high resolution panos or mosaics with super telephoto lenses. Furthermore, it can act as a gimbal arm for smooth rotation of heavy telephoto lenses at its center of gravity.
Features and Highlights:
Modular design means easy upgrade from previous model and to future models.
Easily support long telephoto lens up to 3kg (6.6 lb) in weight.
Full bearing loaded rotators for smooth and steady rotation.
Upper rotator with adjustable friction to serve as a gimbal arm.
Upper rotator with laser marked index ring with fine 2.5° intervals (regular M2).
Upper rotator with precise positive stops of 7.5°/5°/4°/3.75°/3°/2.5°/2°/1.5° intervals in Giga model (Patented and patent pending design).
Upper rotator can be engaged and changed on the fly by simply switching 1 or 2 levers in Giga model .
Upper and lower rotators with indicators for starting and ending positions, ideal for making mosaics with a large number of images. Photographers can first compose the mosaic, then set the starting and ending positions horizontally and vertically. The indicators will make sure no images are missed and no excessive images are taken.
With RD8-II (precise click stops at 30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2°) to support up to 700mm equivalent focal length with camera in landscape orientation, or 550mm equivalent in portrait orientation.
Precision CNC machined from aircraft aluminum and hard anodized, meaning high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime.
Key features of the included Nodal Ninja RD8-II Advanced Rotator
- Premium non-glare black anodized aluminum
- Precision CNC machined components
- Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation
- Laser engraved markings
- Detent interval (click stop) option can be changed on the fly.
- More than 10 kg (22lbs) loading supported.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly
- Knob for locking rotation
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs
- Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panos.
Available RD8-II rotator detent intervals
|2º (180 stops per 360 degrees) - unique number!|
|2.5º (144 stops)|
|3º (120 stops)|
|4º (90 stops)|
|5º (72 stops)|
|6º (60 stops)|
|15º (24 stops)|
|30º (12 stops)|
RD8-II Size and weight
- Diameter: 88 mm
- Height: 33 mm
- Compact and light weight: only 450 grams
- Thread = base 3/8"
This item includes:
- M2 Giga Plate
RD8-II Advanced Rotator (F1180) with (30°, 15°, 6°, 5°, 4°, 3°, 2.5°, 2° click options) to support:
< 465mm eq. full length in portrait mode,
< 700mm eq. full length in landscape mode.
- QRC-65 (Lower Rotator Quick Release Clamp)* Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-210 Double Dovetail (Lower Rail) Length: 210mm (F8150)
- M2 Upper Compression Lock Rotator
- MFVR-170C Double Dovetail Vertical Rail with Integral QR Clamp (Vertical Rail) (F8152)
- QRC-65 (Upper Rotator Quick Release Clamp) * Jaw length: 65mm (F8325)
- MFR-170 Double Dovetail (Upper Rail) Length: 170mm (F8151)
- QRC-40A (Upper Rail End Clamp) Jaw length: 40mm (F2100)
- Case (F8117)
Optional accessories (NOT INCLUDED):
- Nodal Ninja M Series Nadir Adapter (F8301)
- Nodal Ninja M Series Vertical Extender (F8310)
- Arca-Swiss Style stop plate (F2106)
- DOES NOT INCLUDE CAMERA PLATE! (it is necessary to order a camera plate for your camera or you can use an Arca-Swiss compatible plate you already own)
photo credit - winter photos by Irmantas Saulius (used with a permission from the author)