Nodal Ninja 6 panoramic head (no rotator)
Order now to ship in 24 hrs.
Nodal Ninja 6 (NN6) is a climax of more than a decade of developing superior mechanical panoramic hardware by Fanotec/Nodal Ninja. It builds on the unprecedented vault of information and feedback from users of Nodal Ninja 4 and 5 is the first Nodal Ninja head incorporating robotic possibility to the design. It is compatible with the coming motorized rotators, capable of transforming into a 2-axis fully automatic pan/ tilt head with diverse functions.
It is also the first low cost ALL CNC machined panoramic head in the Nodal Ninja product line. We carefully examined the Nodal Ninja Ultimate M line and listened to end user feedback to optimize these newer designs. By reducing the number of quick release components, overall cost is much reduced. The NN6's has the quality standards very similar to the Ultimate line incorporating hard anodized coating.
Features of Nodal Ninja 6:
- This panorama head has a very compact upper rotator with positive detent click stops each 7.5 degrees.
- These clicks can be disengaged on the fly by simply moving the adjustment lever which will allow free controlled rotation so you can adjust the head to any angle.
- This legendary design has been borrowed from a very successful Nodal Ninja 5 but it has twice the number of locking positions so lenses with double the maximum focal length can be used.
- The NN6 supports up to 200mm equivalent focal length lenses (camera in portrait orientation) with detent lock (higher focal lengths possible with free rotation).
- New anti-twisting camera mounting plate that mounts to the camera by using an easy to grip, glove friendly knob. No tools needed.
- Arca Swiss style rails allow use of QR clamps and other compatible accessories.
- Supports a wide range of cameras, even most of heavy DSLR cameras with or without battery grip.
- Optional custom-made Advanced Rotator D10 (RD10) is a compact, lightweight rotator with 10 detent options ranging from 90 to 5 degrees which are easily changed on the fly.
- Compatible with other Nodal Ninja advanced rotators.
- Optional built-in Quick Release Nadir Adapter that combines the function of quick release and nadir adapter, for rapid mounting / dismounting the vertical assembly and effortlessly taking clean nadir shot (down shot).
Level: Amateur - Pro
Features: Comfortable Size - Strong - Upper Rotator 7.5 degree positive stops or free rotation
Uses: General, Landscape, High Resolution, Gigapixels, Commercial, HDR
For lenses that have a lens hood wider than the plane of camera mounting plate you will need to use a quick release system, e.g. the Right Angle Clamp F9131 plus an Arca plate for your camera.
Nikkor 24-70 requires very long panorama head rails due to it's optical contruct and therefore it is not compatible with NN6. For this lens you will need to use Nodal Ninja M1L with 210mm upper rail or Nodal Ninja M2.
ILLUSTRATIVE PHOTOS ONLY. THIS LISTING IS WITHOUT THE RD10 ROTATOR.