Nodal Ninja 6 NN6 RD16-II - Panoramic Head with Advanced Rotator
Nodal Ninja 6 (NN6) is a climax of more than a decade of developing superior mechanical panoramic hardware by Fanotec/Nodal Ninja. It builds on the unprecedented vault of information and feedback from users of Nodal Ninja 4 and 5 is the first Nodal Ninja head incorporating robotic possibility to the design. It is compatible with the coming motorized rotators, capable of transforming into a 2-axis fully automatic pan/ tilt head with diverse functions.
It is also the first low cost ALL CNC machined panoramic head in the Nodal Ninja product line. We carefully examined the Nodal Ninja Ultimate M line and listened to end user feedback to optimize these newer designs. By reducing the number of quick release components, overall cost is much reduced. The NN6's has the quality standards very similar to the Ultimate line incorporating hard anodized coating.
Features of Nodal Ninja 6:
- This panorama head has a very compact upper rotator with positive detent click stops each 7.5 degrees.
- These clicks can be disengaged on the fly by simply moving the adjustment lever which will allow free controlled rotation so you can adjust the head to any angle.
- This legendary design has been borrowed from a very successful Nodal Ninja 5 but it has twice the number of locking positions so lenses with double the maximum focal length can be used.
- The NN6 supports up to 200mm equivalent focal length lenses (camera in portrait orientation) with detent lock (higher focal lengths possible with free rotation).
- New anti-twisting camera mounting plate that mounts to the camera by using an easy to grip, glove friendly knob. No tools needed.
- Arca Swiss style rails allow use of QR clamps and other compatible accessories.
- Supports most DSLRs with or without battery grip.
- Compatible with other Nodal Ninja advanced rotators.
- Optional Quick Release Nadir Adapter that combines the function of quick release and nadir adapter, for rapid mounting / dismounting the vertical assembly and effortlessly taking clean nadir shot (down shot).
Key features of the RD16-II
- Premium non-glare black anodized aluminum
- Precision CNC machined components
- Lubricated bearings for smooth rotation
- Laser engraved markings
- Detent interval (click stop) option can be changed on the fly.
- More than 10 kg (22lbs) loading supported.
- Detent interval can be changed in seconds on the fly
- Knob for locking rotation
- Retainer wire so you don't lose the knobs
- Ideal for making HDR panos and/or mosaics
- Great in windy locations.
- Small nadir footprint
- The unique placement of knobs means that they will never appear in the spherical panos.
- Fine 2.5 degree rotation markings for making high resolution mosaics.
Available rotator detent intervals
|3.75 (96 stops per 360 degrees)*|
|5 (72 stops)*|
|6 (60 stops)*|
|7.5 (48 stops)|
|10 (36 stops)|
|12 (30 stops)|
|15 (24 stops)|
|18 (20 stops)*|
|20 (18 stops)|
|24 (15 stops)|
|30 (12 stops)|
|36 (10 stops)|
|45 (8 stops)|
|60 (6 stops)|
|90 (4 stops)|
|120 (3 stops)|
*requires dual detent plungers (included)
For lenses that have a lens hood wider than the plane of camera mounting plate you will need to use a quick release system, e.g. the Right Angle Clamp F9131 plus an Arca plate for your camera.
Nikkor 24-70 requires very long panorama head rails due to it's optical contruct and therefore it is not compatible with NN6. For this lens you will need to use Nodal Ninja M1L with 210mm upper rail or Nodal Ninja M2.