Nodal Ninja R10 Google GTP V2 Panoramic Head for Street View
R10 is one of the smallest, lightest precision heads on the market, built exclusively for Google Street View program. Great precision allows repeatable results and stitching. Nodal Ninja products are built with the highest quality materials, ensuring you the highest quality imagery. R10 is a single row panoramic head designed for use with circular and full frame fisheye lenses. R10 tilt is fixed at 7.5º as recommended by Google. The 90 degree Rotator Mini V2 is included as well. Lens ring can be mounted directly onto the lens itself freeing up the camera. Different cameras can be use on the same lens without adjusting any settings. Also included is free spirit level and compass.
Recommended by Google. This was NASA's choice as well for shooting VR aboard their upcoming mission to the International Space Station. All products are backed by Nodal Ninja's industry leading support.
Free compass, level and a stop plate is included in the Google package. PanoSociety sells a new improved version which comes with the NEW V2 ring which allows full access to controls of the lens and Rotator Mini V2.
Introducing the New Lens Ring "V2"
Settings for Google:
- Static Tilt - lens will point 7.5 degrees upwards (this is the default configuration of this item)
Rotator mini 4x 90º (preinstalled) - note: there is a hex screw on underside of rotator. Use included hex key to tighten or lossen to achieve desired rotator tension.
- When mounting your lens ring to the clamp on the panorama head make sure you set the right shift according the information below. If you use the plastic stop (included for free in our warehouse with every Google package), your panorama head will set up automatically. However we do ask customers to double check the settings:
- NEW V2 Rail settings for Canon 8-15 F4 with V2 lens ring = 2.1
- NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Canon with V2 lens ring = 0.45
- NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon with V2 lens ring = 1.4
- Rail settings for Canon 8-15 F4 = 1.8
- Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Canon = 0.85
- Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon = 1.4
Features and Highlights
- Arca-Swiss Style quick release design.
- 3 precise tilting options (0, +/- desired deg) for use under different applications.
- Modular design. Change to other tilt options by changing the vertical rail.
- Rolling the camera/lens in any position including the popular 0, 60 and 90 degree positions.
- Lens clamp permanently mounted to lens making reproducible mounting possible, and much quicker to set up.
- Different cameras can be used on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Mount directly to a monopod or high pole.
- Much easier to use than Nodal Ninja 3 and 4 Series
- Small nadir footprint
Rotator Mini Features and Highlights
- Compact and lightweight
- 46mm diameter and only 88g
- Smooth rotation with lubricated bearings
- Interchangeable detent ring (buy separately to change detent interval)
- Rotator lock for use on pole (use the attached hex key to lock)
- 90 degree (4 stops per 360 degrees) - This is the detent interval required by Google
- Nodal Ninja R10 Panoramic Head with 7.5º upwards tilt required by Google
- Lens Ring for Canon 8-15mm F/4.0 lens consisting of: Metal lens ring clamp, inner plastic insert and arca-swiss style plate. All necessary tools and a guide to install to your lens are included.
- Rotator Mini with 90º preinstalled detent ring (4 stops per 360 degrees as required by Google)
- Compass and spirit level (included for free only in GTP packages)
- Attractive foam lined case with dual zippers
- 3/8"-1/4" thread tripod adapter
- Hex keys
- Misc parts
Notes: images shown may vary slightly from actual product
NOT compatible with Nodal Ninja 3/4/5, Ultimate M1 or the Quick Mount Mini.
Testimonial from Google's Operations Lead: "Thank you for the product update and the impecable customer service you provide us and our GTP's.... It really shows that Nodal truly stands behind their product and customer service."