Nodal Ninja 6 NN6 RD10 QR NA - Panoramic head with Advanced Rotator and Nadir Adapter
Order now to ship.
☑️ We use the products we sell: We are the same 360/VR maniacs like you are.
☑️ Best customer support: Thousands of happy customers, hundreds of 5* reviews.
VAT: The price includes an estimated 20% VAT. Actual VAT will be calculated during checkout.
Outside EU: You will pay no VAT but import fees and taxes might be imposed by your country.
EU B2B: No VAT if you have a VAT ID and contact us before payment.
Nodal Ninja 6 (NN6) is a climax of more than a decade of developing superior mechanical panoramic hardware by Fanotec/Nodal Ninja. It builds on the unprecedented vault of information and feedback from users of Nodal Ninja 4 and 5 is the first Nodal Ninja head incorporating robotic possibility to the design. It is compatible with the coming motorized rotators, capable of transforming into a 2-axis fully automatic pan/ tilt head with diverse functions.
It is also the first low cost ALL CNC machined panoramic head in the Nodal Ninja product line. We carefully examined the Nodal Ninja Ultimate M line and listened to end user feedback to optimize these newer designs. By reducing the number of quick release components, overall cost is much reduced. The NN6's has the quality standards very similar to the Ultimate line incorporating hard anodized coating.
Features of Nodal Ninja 6:
- This panorama head has a very compact upper rotator with positive detent click stops each 7.5 degrees.
- These clicks can be disengaged on the fly by simply moving the adjustment lever which will allow free controlled rotation so you can adjust the head to any angle.
- This legendary design has been borrowed from a very successful Nodal Ninja 5 but it has twice the number of locking positions so lenses with double the maximum focal length can be used.
- The NN6 supports up to 200mm equivalent focal length lenses (camera in portrait orientation) with detent lock (higher focal lengths possible with free rotation).
- New anti-twisting camera mounting plate that mounts to the camera by using an easy to grip, glove friendly knob. No tools needed.
- Arca Swiss style rails allow use of QR clamps and other compatible accessories.
- Supports most DSLRs with or without battery grip.
- Comes equipped with custom-made Advanced Rotator D10 (RD10) as default. Compact, lightweight with 10 detent options ranging from 90 to 5 degrees which are easily changed on the fly.
- Compatible with other Nodal Ninja advanced rotators.
- This listing includes Quick Release Nadir Adapter that combines the function of quick release and nadir adapter, for rapid mounting / dismounting the vertical assembly and effortlessly taking clean nadir shot (down shot).
Features of Nodal Ninja RD10:
RD10 is a compact and lightweight rotator with 10 detent options ranging from 90 to 5 degrees that can be changed quickly. The range of intervals is suitable for fisheye, wide angle and telephoto lenses up to 200mm equivalent focal length.
10 different degree stop increments are included (with equivalent number of stops around) include:
- 5 (72 stops)*
- 7.5 (48 stops)*
- 10 (36 stops)
- 15 (24 stops)
- 18 (20 stops)*
- 30 (12 stops)*
- 36 (10 stops)
- 45 (8 stops)*
- 60 (6 stops)
- 90 (4 stops)
*Requires engagement of both detent plungers (included for free with RD10).
Upper rail length: 190mm
Lower rail length: 200mm
For lenses that have a lens hood wider than the plane of camera mounting plate you will need to use a quick release system, e.g. the Right Angle Clamp F9131 plus an Arca plate for your camera.
Nikon AF-S 24-70mm F/2.8G requires very long panorama head rails due to it's optical contruct and therefore it is not compatible with NN6. For this lens you will need to use Nodal Ninja M1L with 210mm upper rail or Nodal Ninja M2.