Nodal Ninja Ultimate R20 Google GTP V2 for Street View
This is a Google recommendation. Nodal Ninja Ultimate R20 Static Tilt Head is a successor of the fenomenal Nodal Ninja Ultimate R10, only smaller and lighter, with all key features and Google requirements preserved. R20 is a single row panoramic head designed for use with circular and full frame fisheye lenses. It's one of the smallest, lightest precision panoramic photography tripod heads on the market. Nodal Ninja R20 is a single row panoramic head designed for use with circular and full frame fisheye lenses. R20 tilt is fixed at 7.5º above horizon as recommended by Google. The 90 degree Rotator Mini V2 for horizontal rotation is included as well. Also included is integrated spirit level. The items comes fully assembled - all you need to do is to clamp the lens ring into the clamp.
This is a package without lens ring.
The spirit level and compass are included for free in the Google version.
Settings for Google:
- Static Tilt - lens will point 7.5 degrees upwards (this is the default configuration of this item)
- Rotator mini V2 4x 90º (preinstalled) - note: there is a hex screw on underside of rotator. Use included hex key to tighten or lossen to achieve desired rotator tension.
- When mounting your lens ring to the clamp on the panorama head make sure you set the right shift according the information below. If you use the plastic stop (included for free in our warehouse with every Google package), your panorama head will set up automatically. However we do ask customers to double check the settings:
- R20 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Canon 8-15 F4 with V2 lens ring = 2.5
- R20 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Canon with V2 lens ring = 0.9
- R20 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon with V2 lens ring = 1.85
- R10 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Canon 8-15 F4 with V2 lens ring = 2.1
- R10 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Canon with V2 lens ring = 0.45
- R10 with NEW V2 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon with V2 lens ring = 1.4
- R10 Rail settings for Canon 8-15 F4 = 1.8
- R10 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Canon = 0.85
- R10 Rail settings for Sigma 8mm F3.5 for Nikon = 1.4
Nodal Ninja Ultimate R20 Features and Highlights
- Integrated level and compass
- Arca-Swiss Style quick release design.
- Two precise tilting options (2.5 and 7.5 degrees) for use under different applications
- Rolling the camera/lens in any position including the popular 0, 60 and 90 degree positions.
- Lens clamp permanently mounted to lens making reproducible mounting possible, and much quicker to set up.
- Different cameras can be used on the same lens without adjusting any settings.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Mount directly to a monopod or high pole.
- Much easier to use than Nodal Ninja 3 and 4 Series
- Small nadir footprint
Rotator Mini V2 Features and Highlights (introduced June 2015)
- NEW: Blue locking knob for use on pole and for horizontal use
- NEW: More detent options for 120, 90, 72, 60, 45, 36, 30, 25.7, 18, 15, 12 and 10 shots per 360 degrees, Interchangeable detent ring (buy separately to change detent interval, one ring already preinstalled for 90 degrees as regired by Google)
- Compact and lightweight
- 46mm diameter and only 88g
- Smooth rotation with lubricated bearings
- Nodal Ninja R20 Panoramic Head with 7.5º upwards tilt required by Google
- No lens ring
- Rotator Mini V2 with 90º preinstalled detent ring (4 stops per 360 degrees as required by Google)
- Integrated spirit level and compass
- 3/8"-1/4" thread tripod adapter
- Hex keys
- Misc parts
Notes: images shown may vary slightly from actual product
NOT compatible with Nodal Ninja 3/4/5, Ultimate M1 or the Quick Mount Mini.
Testimonial from Google's Operations Lead: "Thank you for the product update and the impecable customer service you provide us and our GTP's.... It really shows that Nodal truly stands behind their product and customer service."