Nodal Ninja Mecha Motor E1 and Controller C1 - Automatic Robotic Panoramic RotatorThis product is in high demand.
Next batch will ship August 25 (estimated).
Order now to reserve, limited availability.
Supports smaller cameras and mid-range DSLRs. Maximum supported load for the Mecha E1 is 2kg including camera, lens and panoramic head. Later versions will follow allowing for larger panoramic heads (NN6, M series) and heavier cameras and of shooting at longer focal lengths.
The manufacturer states that the rotator has been tested thoroughly for the load specified and we believe it will outlast 100,000 panos (test sequence for 28mm eq. focal length: 12 columns x 3 rows + zenith and nadir). Overloading or using in unusual angles (e.g. upside down) will reduce the lifetime of bearing and gear. Worn bearing will introduce more play in rotator and cause instability. Worn gear will significantly increase backlash and reduce accuracy and precision of rotator. Bearing and gear are classified as consumables and not covered by warranty. Customers are liable for the cost of labor and parts for the replacement (approx 60 EUR).Total weight: 492g.
Support cameras up to 2kg or 1.25kg at 8cm from pivot, 1Nm output torque.
Mecha Motor E1 Key Features:
The motorized rotator head will support up to 2kg vertical loading and 1Nm turning torque. It is lightweight, quiet and power efficient. Together with the Single Axis Controller C1 (F9910), it automates the panning axis of Nodal Ninja R1/10/20 series as well as the Nodal Ninja 3 (MK1 to MK3), RS1 and RS2 series. It is NOT recommended for larger Nodal Ninjas NN6 and M Series (use stronger Mecha Rotators E2 and P1 to accommodate greater weights). Two E1 rotators can be added to motorize Nodal Ninja MK3 pan and tilt axes for multi-row application.
- Supports one Mecha E1 rotator
- Compact controller with built in battery and charger.
- Two NCR18650GA 7.2v 3300mAh high capacity batteries.
- WIFI remote control for smartphones, tablets, PCs by using simple web page interface.
- Supports linking and controlling multiple controllers via WIFI, connection via a wifi access point, over the air firmware upgrade and remote control over the internet.
- 3 buttons to run presets stored in the memory, which can be configured via the web page inteface.
- 5 LEDs to indicate the remaing battery capacity.
- CAM port with opto-isolated trigger for focus and shutter release. The CAM port is compatible with many 2.5mm stereo remote shutter cords.
- Multipurpose AUX port (to be implemented with future firmware upgrade) for shutter confirmation, Radio Frequency Start/Stop remote trigger, wired Start/Stop trigger or IR remote emitter etc.
- Also suitable for NN3 with lower axis motorized - for rotating around, dual axis controller that includes tilting up and down to be announced soon
Important: Remote Shutter Release Cable (not included)
The cable ensures camera triggering and focus lock. Any camera supporting a wired remote shutter release cable is compatible with MECHA. The CAM port on the Mecha is compatible with many 2.5mm 3rd party stereo remote shutter cords. You can use your own cable or purchase a cable here: Mecha remote shutter cables.
Optional: Shutter Release Confirmation Cable and Hotshoe (not included)
This feature makes use of the signal from the hot shoe during exposure as a confirmation of shutter release. This signal is sent from the camera to the Mecha using optional PC Sync cable (order here). High end cameras have a PC Sync port. For cameras without PC Sync port, an optional Hot Shoe to PC Sync adapter is needed. You can determine if you need this adapter and select its version from the options listed at the dedicated page: Shutter Confirmation Hotshoe for the Nodal Ninja Mecha.
These special bundles are available:
- F9905: Mecha E1 motor + Controller C1
- F9905-F6100: E1 + SAC + Nodal Ninja R1 head only (F6100) + Free hard case
- F9905-F6170: E1 + SAC + Nodal Ninja R20 head only (F6170) + Free hard case
- F9905-F3118: E1 + SAC + Nodal Ninja NN3 MKII head only (F3118)
- F9905-F3305: E1 + SAC + Nodal Ninja NN3 MK3 head only (F3305)
- F9905-F3307: E1 + SAC + Nodal Ninja NN3 MK3 head only with nadir adapter (F3307)
Vendor bundle SKU: F9905V, F9905VbNote that the components are also available as separate products:
- F9910: Single axis controller (SAC) ONLY
- F9900: Mecha E1 Rotator ONLY